Wd52525 Lamp Replaced and Lamp Won't Power

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
labrocca

Wd52525 Lamp Replaced and Lamp Won't Power

Postby labrocca » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:34 pm

So I replaced my lamp (not housing) on my WD-52525 and it fires up fine. Yeah! Then the next day I go to turn on the TV and no picture. Sound is fine and light is solid green. I was like WTF.

I took apart lamp again, placed back in...same results. I did it again and after basically a third time it fires up. I left TV on all day.

Today I wake up..same thing. So what's wrong? This is a new Phillips bulb and it just appears that it's not lighting. I get no errors or strange noises.

I had my TV rebuilt last year because it died and had the board problems so that was fixed already. I was covered under warranty.

When the sytem is turned off normally the green light blinks which I believe is during the cool off period. Right now it's just turns off instantly. It's just weird I had it on for 2 days just fine with no color problems, lamp indicators, or other issues.

So what's the verdict? I got the bulb from ebay which the instructions I recieved sent me here. They charge a restock fee for refunds.

I just took it apart 3 times and it finally came on. But I fear tomorrow will be the same story. Is this a bad bulb or maybe something else?

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Wd52525 Lamp Replaced and Lamp Won't Power

Postby Crowell » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:43 pm

That sounds like you haven’t reset the lamp timer. One you get it to turn on, bring up the tv menu and look for lamp timer, then reset it back to 0 hrs. Let us know if that worked for you.
Knowledge is the one true power

labrocca

Postby labrocca » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:02 pm

For my TV there isn't a lamp timer that I can find. Not even in the manual. I don't even get the "have you changed the lamp" message.

And now I can't even get the dang TV on at all no matter what I do.

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Hello Labrocca,

This issue has been covered before. Please check this post out to see if it helps you:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=846

Unfortunately, I honestly can't solve your problem without a little more information. Did you take the lamp out? How does it look? Any sounds when the TV comes on? Where did you buy the lamp from? Let's see if we can diagnose this thing together. That's what the community is for!
--

Eddie

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”