wd 60735-red status light stays on

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
P00kies
Contributor
Contributor

wd 60735-red status light stays on

Postby P00kies » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:23 pm

it made a pop noise then went out. first i thought it might be the bulb, but looking at the bulb does not seem blown. i retrieved the code which is 18-i put a new ballast and still not working. does any one know how to check the power supply and tell me or have any ideas. any help would be greatly appreciated.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: wd 60735-red status light stays on

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:31 pm

Hello P00kies.
My first question is how long ago did you replace your lamp, there is a slight possibility the lamp imploded, look inside of the lamp for any black bubbles on the inside bottom or any black lines. If you’re going to invest some money in the tv for another 4+ years of use I suggest you buy a lamp regardless if the lamp is the problem or not.
As for the loud pop noise, other than the lamp, the Power supply board might be our next suspect. Some times a voltage regulator starts to fail causing some capacitors to become swollen to the point that they explode. So before you buy anything inspect it physically.
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

P00kies
Contributor
Contributor

Postby P00kies » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:51 am

i put my lamp in friends tv and it works. on the power board i was checking some fuses and i found one bad. it looks kinda like a resistor. i would say the board is bad. didn't see any caps swollen or anything else. will it be safe to buy a board or was something else the cause or do these boards just go bad

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Hello again P00kies.
If the lamp works in another tv, & you already installed a new ballast, there is a strong possibility that the problem is being caused by the power supply. Try to replace any bund circuits & bad fuses. If all else fails, your going to have to buy a new board.
Another part of the tv that could cause the tv to shut down is the color wheel, how ever I considered it very unlikely, since the color wheel makes screeching or whining noises, NOT a loud pop. To discard this possibility I suggest you inspect the wheel for any broken glass.
If you do diced to buy a part, I suggest you search buy part number &tv model, look for website that use photos of the actual part they are selling.
Good luck.

P00kies
Contributor
Contributor

Postby P00kies » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:48 pm

found a new board and ordered it. probally get it saturday. hopefully thats it, will give update after that and again thanks for you guys help.

P00kies
Contributor
Contributor

Postby P00kies » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:49 pm

installed new board and still no luck. looked at color wheel, doesn't look broken?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Hello again P00kies.
Wow, I think were running out of possibilities. Have you reset the lamp timer? I know it’s kind of out there, and most Mitsubishi reset it automatically, but it won’t hurt to try it.
Here is the link to the post with the instructions.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1348
As for the color wheel, since it’s not broken its very unlikely that it would be defective, buy the way, if you spin it dose it make any strange noises?
Another thing, do you have a power regulator between the wall power outlet & your TV? If not there is a possibility that a power surge might have caused the power supply to go bad, and possibly the DMD board. If that is the case then things have gotten a lot worse.
Tell me if the lamp reset worked out for you.
Good luck.

P00kies
Contributor
Contributor

Postby P00kies » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:00 am

it blowed the same fuse on the power supply board, yes its plugged into surge protector. the fuse is close to where the wires go out to the engine, i think thats what it is called. as for the lamp timer the tv won't even come on. i found this part here online do think this is it DMD Board, Color Wheel, DMD Fan

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:24 pm

Hello again P00kies.
Let me see if I got this straight. You have installed the second power supply board (the new one you just bought) and it blew the same fuse that exploded with the first one.
If I got it right, then it’s an extremely rear case.
In order to help you out a little better it would be grate if you can take a few pictures of the blown fuse.
The only way I can think of right now that a second power supply would go bad is that the exterior power source is irregular. Now the surge protector, was it recently purchased? Is it a good brand? How about your electric house wiring? Any other component in the house has gone bad?
Keep me posted on any new developments.

SDNewbieDLP

Postby SDNewbieDLP » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:23 am

Have the same TV, googled the hell out of the issue...

Basically stopped turning on, gave the red light. Took out and reseated the lamp several times, no use.

Bought a new bulb, without the carrier, replaced it and no change in status.

Reset the timer via the method mentioned earlier involving pressing menu and 2470 and HOLY CRAP I HAVE PICTURE AGAIN!

Whew.

drdepels

Postby drdepels » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:10 pm

Does anyone know how i can get a ballast for this model i have been looking and cant find one.

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”