Solid Red Status Light on my Mitsubishi WD-65733

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
BMAC

Solid Red Status Light on my Mitsubishi WD-65733

Postby BMAC » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:26 pm

Ok I have a 6 year old Mitsubishi WD-65733 65" HDTV. In these last 6 years I have had replaced the Light Engine(replaced about 4 years ago), Chip (had spots & replaced Sept. 2013), & 3 blubs. The last time I replaced my bulb was in Dec. 2013. Everything was working fine then it seems the screen will blank out (go black) & a steady red light will come on the panel (Status Light). After about 30 sec it will turn its self back on with no problems. Now this happens at random sometimes 3 times a day or sometime none. What do you think it could be?

I think it might be the ballast but it doesn't hum or crackle or anything. Might be a fan & it over heats? I did a master reset yesterday 02-27-14 & it worked for 4 hours & then did it. Then I reset it again and watched it again for another 6 hours with no problems. I know I can fix it but don't have an idea where to start.

Thanks for the help & ideas.

Brian

BMAC

Re: Solid Red Status Light on my Mitsubishi WD-65733

Postby BMAC » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Just an update.

I changed my Power ON from "Fast Power On" to "Low Power On" Seems to be working. I haven't seen the steady red light for a couple of days now.

Still wish I knew what the problem is.

Brian

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Solid Red Status Light on my Mitsubishi WD-65733

Postby grayfox » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:42 am

Hello BMAC,

From your trouble shooting and recent changes in power up method to "slow", a defective ballast is certainly more than possible.

However I would have to begin by asking what lamp you got this past December and from where?

Reason I ask is because there are a lot of generic bulbs out there with no warranty and these knock offs cause all types of malfunctions including the picture not being as bright.

Ideally I would have replaced my TV's lamp with a lamp code 915P061010 with Original Philips Bulb. Depending on your TV the lamp model might be listed as 915P061A10.

If you replaced it with an original OEM lamp, we can move ahead and physically inspect it and look into replacing the ballast..

Please let me know!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”