Mitsubishi WD-65733 Overheating Problems

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
kroqkenobi

Mitsubishi WD-65733 Overheating Problems

Postby kroqkenobi » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:01 pm

I've been having overheating problems on my DLP for a while now. It can go months without happening but once in a while it happens and does so frequently while watching. What happens is the TV just shuts off, does not give warning that it's going to shut off and the status indicator light turns to a solid orange. In the manual it says the light should be yellow to indicate overheating, but what I see is an orange almost amber color, so I'm assuming that's what it indicates since the manual doesn't show any indication for what the amber color status indicator means. The TV turns off and the timer indicator starts flashing green which indicates that the TV just shut off and the lamp is cooling down. Once it stops flashing I turn the TV back on and it plays again with no issues. I already cleaned the lamp cartridge and that didn't help, there is adequate spacing for the TV as well. I am wondering if this problem is related at all to the lamp, I haven't replaced it since I bought the TV which has been about 3 years. I'm not sure if doing that would help.

Thanks for any help

youreekaa

Re: Mitsubishi WD-65733 Overheating Problems

Postby youreekaa » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:30 pm

I have a similar issue with my WD-60735. about two days ago, I took the entire back panel off (about 8 screws) and used compresssed air to get the dust out. I took special care not to overspin the fans when doing so, and the problem has not yet re-occured. I would suggest you do the same to yours.

youreekaa

Re: Mitsubishi WD-65733 Overheating Problems

Postby youreekaa » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:35 pm

I had a similar problem with my WD-60-735. I ended up taking off the entire back cover and using compressed air to blow out the dust. I took special care with the fans so to not overspin them. the problem has not reoccured since. you may need to do the same.

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”