WD-62825 start up issues

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
redline57
Contributor
Contributor

WD-62825 start up issues

Postby redline57 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:42 pm

I replaced the lamp when the prvious lamp died. It is an Osram purchased online w/housing. Powered TV back on after replacement, green timer lamp on, relay clicked and fan sound started, screen was all blue, except for a 4" black bar vertially on the right side of the screen. Green timer lamp started blinking, shut down. Powered again, fine, lamp replacement message appeared, pressed enter. All seemed well....But ever since that lamp change, it somtimes starts fine, or the green timer lights, no click or fan, timer blinks, shuts down. Power up again, normal progression, picture normal, except it asked if the lamp was changed. I have pressed enter and/or cancel, either way, it always a gamble wether the TV will start normally on the 1st try or take 2-3 attempts. But it always starts, eventually. It has been doing this erratic behavior for weeks. Two things puzzle me. One is what would cause the initial relay click and fan not to energize, two, why do I get the lamp replacement message after it fails to start, even though the lamp was not replaced. Did miss something in the lamp replacement procedure? Is it simply not reconizing the new lamp properly?

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: WD-62825 start up issues

Postby johnrot » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi redline57

what im concerned about is the blue screen and the black vertical line, this could be related with the DMD board or the light engine, the light codes or blinking lights are not that reliable, they only let you know that the lamp is not on but it could be for so many reasons, also what you mentioned about the relay clicks and attemps to ignite, if you hear those clicking noises those are attempts of the ballast to ignite the lamp, so it seems that it could be the ballast and the DMD board, hope this info. can help you :ugeek:
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

redline57
Contributor
Contributor

Postby redline57 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:41 pm

Any info is helpful, thanks. But if these devices are bad, why does work at all? It is a consistant sequence. Power on, no ignition click, times out, turns off. Power on again, ingnition clicks, starts up normal. askes if lamp was changed. Clear that, picture is great. Turn of when finished. Power on later, same sequence. It rarely, if at all, turns on normal in succesive attemps. After a normal veiwing session, it always does the non-start sequence. Then a normal start.

redline57
Contributor
Contributor

Postby redline57 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:14 am

I was told by a repair service that I need the DM board replaced as stated by jonrot. Above. Will go with that. Thanks

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby johnrot » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi redline57

Well we hope that the DMD board can help you fix your tv, good luck :ugeek:
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”