WD-60375 need bulb at 02444 hours?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
daveinfull

WD-60375 need bulb at 02444 hours?

Postby daveinfull » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:55 am

Has anyone seen or heard of a bulb going bad after only 2444 hours? I would think I would have been good until until at least 4000...I have already had the color wheel replaced (this time last year) and I have already found and ordered a replacement lamp in housing for less than $110....could it be something else besides the bulb? The picture brightness has gotten progressively worse over the last three days, the bulb indicator light has not come on. I think its a good idea to have a replacement bulb anyways but should I be troubleshooting other things before i replace?

BYO
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: WD-60375 need bulb at 02444 hours?

Postby BYO » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:40 pm

The lamp :idea: works directly with the ballast, the ballast and the lamp are consumable parts and both needs replacement.
Usually a ballast will need replacement every 4-5 lamps. It will be better for your TV if you prevent any kind of overheating after you replace the ballast, this will make that your lamps and ballast last longer. Try cleaning up the inside of the TV every once in a while and if you can add a fan on the back pointing towards the air vents it will really help out a lot. :mrgreen:
[color=#40FF40]Change is the only constant, we must become the change we want to see. [/color]

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”