Mitsubishi WD-C657 shutdown after few seconds

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Pablo
Contributor
Contributor

Mitsubishi WD-C657 shutdown after few seconds

Postby Pablo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi everybody, I'm having problems with my Mitubishi WD-C657 tv, it basically shuts down, the satus light comes on amber and I get a code 39 "room temperature is too high or temp sensor desconected". I checked for air restrictions, verified fan operation and replaced the temp. sensor and still doing the same.....
Any ideas, I'll try anything, I guess, the TV thinks that it is overheating and shuts down to prevent damage....PLS HELP!!!!!! :(

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mitsubishi WD-C657 shutdown after few seconds

Postby Angel » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:00 am

Hi Pablo.
First of all a few questions in order to help you:

Does the TV gives you any picture before shutting down?
Have you ever replace the lamp?

It is most probably a ballast issue, maybe is giving to much voltage, which generates a high temperature and shuts the TV down.

Any more information would be useful.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Pablo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Pablo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:10 am

Aloha!!!!!
two months ago, the waranty replaced the lamp, ballast and power board for a very similar problem, I had a blinking lamp light before....
Back to mi current problem, I'm now out of waranty and basically, if I reset the TV, it turns on fine, picture and audio, it stays on for about, 25 secs. and then the timer light will illuminate amber and the set shuts down, I can repeat this several times by reseting the TV, if I do not reset the TV, the timer light stays amber and when I try to turn it on I get just audio, no picture for about 25 secs. and the it shuts down..When I run the diagnostics I get code 39, related to temperature being to high, I replaced the temp sensor and no change..
I was also able to verify that all three cooling fans work and that there is no air restrictions anywhere...
Hope this bit of info helps.....MAHALO!!!!

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:20 pm

Aloha Pablo 8-)

Did you clean the air filter of the lamp cartridge?

Your lamp enclosure has a mesh filter that needs to be cleaned up, if it has dust can cause your TV to shut down in a few seconds.

Hope this helps...

Pablo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Pablo » Fri May 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi sorry for the delay, Ive been gone....
Yes what I did was to clean the little grill thing and also installed a fan that forced air thru the system in the ame direction that the lamp fan blown and that kept the lamp cold and no luck, it shuts down after 20 to 30 secs, I was told by mitsubishi that the problem in that the engine board is unable to re from the temp sendor and as a result the system shuts down to protect the system, I was told to replace the entire engine assembly.....
Is there a way to bypass or enable that feature so that the TV will not shut down because it thinks in overheating???....MAHALO in advance!!!!!

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Mon May 11, 2009 4:07 pm

I don't know how to do it, but I'm sure there's a way. However I don't recommend you to do it, the temp sensor is there for a reason, if your TV gets hot and doesn't have a way to know it could result in damaged parts or costly repairs. Also you could damage your board while bypassing.

So think twice before doing it...

Pablo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Pablo » Tue May 19, 2009 11:12 pm

Hi Guys, the whole engine assembly is very expensive already, it wouldn't be woth fixing here in Hawaii, I have nothing to loose......
Thank you ALL very much for you help.....Should you come across a quick fix for it pls let me know.....ALOHA!!!! :?

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”