Mitsubishi WD-62927 Problem

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
greg
Contributor
Contributor

Mitsubishi WD-62927 Problem

Postby greg » Sun May 03, 2009 7:55 pm

My TV runs for an hour or so and then the picture flickers a bit before the faces all turn purple and the other colors are not correct. Once the proper color goes, the flickering stops and the picture is fine otherwise. Is this the color wheel acting up? I live in Belize, so, a repairman is pretty much out of the question, but, can anyone tell me if this is a problem I can fix myself with parts ordered from the US?

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mitsubishi WD-62927 Problem

Postby Angel » Mon May 04, 2009 3:22 pm

Clean the inside of your TV, the dust on your DMD board can cause overheating which leads to your symptoms.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

greg
Contributor
Contributor

Postby greg » Tue May 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Thank you, I will give that a try and hope it solves the problem. Any advice on getting to the components to clean them, or, do I just take the back of the TV off and it will be apparent what needs to be done?

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Tue May 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Just be careful not damage the components inside. If this doesn't work then you could need a new DMD board.

HTH.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

greg
Contributor
Contributor

Postby greg » Sat May 09, 2009 2:48 pm

Thank you for the advice. I took the back off and cleaned things out with one of those air cans, but, unfortunately, the problem persists. I'll be visiting the US soon and will see about getting the part while I'm there, but, since I'm not all that adept at this type of thing, I wonder if you or anyone else on this forum could give me detailed instructions as to how to replace the part? I really appreciate the help, I'm kind of isolated down here and football season will be here before we know it.

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”