WD-60638 just hangs on the welcome screen???

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mstennes
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

WD-60638 just hangs on the welcome screen???

Postby mstennes » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:37 am

We had a power outage, and when we turned the TV on at first the screen just flashed the welcome screen than the light started flashing green, than shut off. I read in the manual to do a system reset, now after that it starts like it should but hangs at the welcome screen, it has been on this for a hour now? What next? Dang thing is only 6 months old.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: WD-60638 just hangs on the welcome screen???

Postby grayfox » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 pm

Wow sorry to hear that, a couple of questions,

did you buy it new?

was it plugged directly into the wall socket?

do you get an image on the screen like the Misubishi welcome...?

hope I can help!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

tomwl

Postby tomwl » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:21 pm

My WD-^0638 is doing the same thing. We turn it on, it goes through the boot process (blinking green light) then the Mitsubishi Welcome Screen comes on and that's it. The light continues to blink green but nothing else happens. We then hold the power button down for several seconds o force a reset, then it usually comes on fine. I have tried updating the software and other factory reset attempts, but it continues to be a problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

tomwl

Postby tomwl » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:38 pm

I have a WD-60638 that is doing the same thing. We have to turn it on , then after it gets to the Welcome scrren, hold the power button down to do a "reset", then turn it on again and it usually works fine. I have flashed the firmware with the latest from Mitsubishi site and have tried a few other reset options I have found in the forums and else where, but nothing seems to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”