Problem with WD 62525 - Black lines, poor picture

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
leisenhauer
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with WD 62525 - Black lines, poor picture

Postby leisenhauer » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:16 pm

So I've had this Mits wd-62525 for about 4.5 years and haven't ever had any problems with it. Every once in a while we would get a message when we turned on the tv that asked if we replaced the lamp and we would say no and everything would work fine. We might watch 2 hours per day. About a month ago I began noticing dark faint lines across the entire screen that would come on after watching the tv for about 30 minutes. They would continue to get worse as we kept watching but it was never so bad that you couldn't see the picture. For a $3,500 tv at the time we would still hope for better picture quality.

Thinking it was the bulb, I went ahead an ordered a new Philips bulb, installed it last night, turned the tv on and sure enough, after about 30 minutes the faint lines were back. I've looked all over the internet through forums and called a few technicians but everybody has a different take. From this forum it sounded as if I should check the menu screen and see if the lines are on top of the menu as well. They don't seem to be there. The lines seem to come on when we are watching dvds (connected through component cables) and our digital cable/high def stations which are also connected through component cables. Not sure about analog as I don't have any analog devices to check.

Does this sound like the DMD board, or could it be a ballast, or light tunnel, or light engine. I'm pretty capable when it comes to fixing things so I'm trying to do this without calling a technician. It's a great tv but now that you can pick up a 62'' high def tv for around $1,000 I'm not real interested in spending over a couple hundred dollars to fix this one. Would you recommend taking off the back and front panels and vacuuming/wiping the inside of the tv down? Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm leaning towards buying a new DMD board and installing it.

Lars

leisenhauer
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Problem with WD 62525 - Black lines, poor picture

Postby leisenhauer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:07 pm

I was able to connect a video camera to the inputs in the fron of the tv which I believe are analog and the dark lines were still there.

Another thing I realized is that it seems to work fine for the first 20-30 minutes and then very thin dark lines appear almost in the background of the picture, it seems to get worse over the next 20-30 minutes with the lines getting wider and a little distortion in the color, then maybe after an hour and half of watching, it reverts back to the very thin black lines. Strange. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lars

leisenhauer
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Problem with WD 62525 - Black lines, poor picture

Postby leisenhauer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:24 pm

Anyone?

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”