WD-52627 problems

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Cougar281

WD-52627 problems

Postby Cougar281 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:36 pm

I'm looking at possibly getting a used WD-52627 TV; the proble with it is it's noisy (probably the color wheel) and there's a pink shading on a corner (I've been told probably the light tunnel). Is it possible to fix the light tunnel (and what would cause it to go bad and cast the p ink shading?). What I was able to find about light tunnel problems revolved primarily around Samsung DLPs and the tunnel collapsing causing a shadow on the side. Any thoughts?

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: WD-52627 problems

Postby Crowell » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:51 am

The light engine is a very delicate and complex part; it’s composed of mirrors and or a prism. So it’s very, very difficult to repair, my advice is to replace the color wheel, and if that pink shade still remains then its definitely the light engine.
Knowledge is the one true power

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: WD-52627 problems

Postby ovadoggvo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:09 am

Cougar,
The pink shadow on the top right may be as a result of the color wheel being chipped on one of the color segments. I would check the CW to make sure its not chipped or discolored. A small chip will look pretty big on the screen.

A discoloration on a "corner" such as top-right or bottom-right will not be caused by a collapsing light tunnel.. If the light tunnel is collapsing, you will see a shadowing effect on the full right or left side of the screen, and at times this shadowing effect will be wider on the top and thinner as it gets closer to the bottom of the screen spanning across the side of the screen.

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”