Replaced light engine, powers on, but no picture

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
DarcSystems

Replaced light engine, powers on, but no picture

Postby DarcSystems » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Powering on the TV, I get the blue power LED (steady) and the temp and lamp LEDs light up briefly, then turn off. The fan kicks on for about 2 seconds, then shuts off. the power LED remains on, but nothing else happens. This is a 50v500, and the old light engine was giving me the blue crap all over the screen. I got this replacement light engine out of a working TV.

Any ideas? Everything is tightly connected, from what I can see, unless I just blatantly missed a connector.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Replaced light engine, powers on, but no picture

Postby grayfox » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Hello,
normally I would mark this down as a DMD issue and replace the light engine, but you mention you have done this? have you tried both the new and old DMD board? (assembled to the engine itself)???
If that still doesn't solve your problem I would try another DMD board/light engine
hope this helps! :D
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

DarcSystems

Postby DarcSystems » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:39 am

Thanks for the reply. I put the old one back in, the TV fired up just fine, so I'm going to say this replacement light engine is no good. I've contacted the guy who sold it to me, and requested a refund.

Thanks again.
Jay

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:51 pm

O good to hear :D as long as the TV is up and running!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Hitachi LCD Projection Discussions”