Red vertical lines from top to bottom

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
royboy
Contributor
Contributor

Red vertical lines from top to bottom

Postby royboy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:18 pm

I have a 52 inch panasonic dlp model number PT-52LCX65. It's about 2 years old. Recently I have developed red lines from top to bottom about 1/2" apart all the way across the screen. Also I have a red baseball sized blotch in the top right centre of the screen. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before. I know my lamp is due for replacement soon. but from what I've researched, this isn't a common lamp problem. Other then this, the tv works fine. I've included some pictures of the issues on my screen. I'm just tryng to determine weather it is worth fixing or just get a new tv.
I found a site where someone mentioned a update to the tv's eeprom using some eeprom correctional tool(file update I guess) to fix symptoms like the blotches., but panasonic denies such a fix, but it sounds fishy to me.

The red lines going vertical are not supposed to be there and are always on my tv, no matter what channel. The circle of extra red is the red blotch I had mentioned.

Note the red blotch behind the horse, and more red vertical lines.

Hope someone knows or has seen this before.
Thanks for the help
Roy

Eddie

Re: Red vertical lines from top to bottom

Postby Eddie » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:54 pm

--

Eddie

royboy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby royboy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:03 pm

LCD projection. Is it big money to replace this? Cuz I'm not going to sink money into a new bulb if its going to cost 500+ to fix this prob. I'll just buy a new LCD. Any other ideas?

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:16 am

Royboy,
The problems you are describing are due to 2 failures... The lines are most likely due to a faulty lcd control board that looks like this:

http://www.discount-merchant.com/We-pro ... 3-sony.htm

The above is for a sony so don't buy it.... its just an example..

The blob on the screen is due to a worn out optical block / lcd lenses..

I would recommend looking on Discount-Merchant.com and waiting for them to sell your complete light engine.. They sell them for $279-$330 and your TV can be like new again. It's definately worth it.

You can't get a TV like yours for any cheaper than $1000 still to this day.

royboy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby royboy » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:57 pm

thanks for the reply, I thought it might be 2 seperate problems, because the red blotch came about 2 weeks before the red lines appeared. Is it easy to install type of stuff myself? I'm pretty handy when it comes to fixing stuff.

royboy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby royboy » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:24 pm

Found this on discount merchant athough they don't have my exact model number, this is the closest I found.
http://www.discount-merchant.com/We-pro ... asonic.htm

A light engine like this will solve my issues?

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:13 am

royboy,
The light engine you have a link to will probably not be compatible with your TV, however, if you do find one for your TV... YES it will resolve the issue.

Keep your eyes open on that site. They get new parts in all the time.

royboy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby royboy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:47 am

yes, i couldn't find the one for my model nmber. I was putting that up as an example to make sure that is what i needed but for my tv. Would this be easy to switch out?

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:48 am

rodroy,
Switching engines is not difficult to do. As I explained in other posts.. Take your time, watch the connectors and use a digital camera to take lots of pictures before you pull plugs out. Take notes if needed.

Soon enough, you will be a master technician!

royboy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby royboy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:50 am

Thanks for the help!! I'm keeping my eyes peeled on discount-merchant.com for my tv's light engine, hopefully they get one instock before it gets worse.

Return to “Panasonic Discussion”