Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jcotter27
Contributor
Contributor

PT-60LC14 no luck with new bulb and ballast

Postby jcotter27 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Greetings!

For a while now, my PT-60LC14 has been shutting off after about 5 minutes of use. As long as I waited a minute or so, I could power it back on and it would stay on for as long as I wanted to watch it. It was a small inconvenience, so I tolerated. I recently received the notification that the bulb needed to be changed. So I purchased a new bulb and installed it. TV fired up and looked great - for a day - then it wouldnt come on. The Lamp LED threw a "ballast error" message (one blink every 5 sec.). I called up place where I purchased the lamp and was informed that, most likely, my ballast was going bad and didnt have enough juice to power up the new bulb. Ok, seemed logical. So, I purchased a new ballast and put the old bulb back in while I waited (tv worked fine with old bulb). New ballast arrived a couple of days ago and had it installed yesterday. I put the new bulb in and it fired up. I reset the hours and turned the TV off. Since then, the TV will not turn back on, its back to throwing the same "abnormal Lamp or Ballast" error that I had when all of this started.

Any suggestions on what to do now? Bulb or Ballast? Something else? Chuck it and start over?

Extremely frustrated.

Thanks for any insight!

jcotter27
Contributor
Contributor

Re: PT-60LC14 no luck with new bulb and ballast

Postby jcotter27 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:30 pm

No, no noises. Nothing out of the ordinary outside of what I described in the first post.

I appreciate you inquiring.

jcotter27
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jcotter27 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:34 pm

One other thing to note - when it was originally shutting off (when I could wait a minute and turn it back on), from time to time it did throw a "lamp cover open" error message (power light blinking orange twice). But again, nothing with picture or any other noises.

Thanks again.

jcotter27
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jcotter27 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:04 pm

A new wrinkle has occurred. . . the "old" bulb finally died, so I am now utilizing the new bulb. The odd thing is that I've found the tv will only turn on if I physicially go in and remove and replace the bulb. It works fine after that, but if I attempt to turn the tv on without first removing and replacing the bulb, it wont turn on. This thing is crazy. Any thoughts?

Return to “Panasonic Discussion”