Panasonic PT-61DLX76-K

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
cdnskipatroller

Panasonic PT-61DLX76-K

Postby cdnskipatroller » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Hello all! TV just died, was hoping it is the lamp but the lamp looks fine not burnt or imploded. The TV was manufactured in Aug 2006. The TV tries to power up, makes a grinding sound like a bad harddrive, then turns off and the red LAMP indicator flashes once every five seconds. Called Pananasonic and they claim the sequence of lamp flashes indicates bad ballast. Does this sound correct? I am a pretty handy guy and build full on race cars for NHRA circuit so I'm thinking I should be able to change a ballast, but before I do who is the most reasonable parts supplier $$ wise? Lastly has anyone got the 411 as to how to troubleshoot this problem and change the ballast if it is infact whats bad? Where should I start?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Panasonic PT-61DLX76-K

Postby grayfox » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:31 am

Hello,
The discoloration without distortion on an image is almost always an indicator that the colorwheel has reached the end of its lifespan. This is one of the consumable parts inside a DLP that needs replacement at least once during your TVs life span. This is almost always indicated by a humming, maybe even screeching sound.
hope this helps!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

jimmy2
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Panasonic PT-61DLX76-K

Postby jimmy2 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:35 pm

Same tv and same problem. What was the result. Is your up and working again???

Return to “Panasonic Discussion”