How many hours does your JVC D-ILA LAMP have?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ServicePro
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

How many hours does your JVC D-ILA LAMP have?

Postby ServicePro » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:15 am

I've heard of lots of horror stories on other forums, but the information was never compiled properly. Please write your make and model numbers as well as your lamp changing experience. Some people tried to organize a class action lawsuit against JVC a few years ago...I don't know, but if we can get enough support we might be able to make some noise and maybe get compensated!

Philips has the replacement lamp available now and I've only heard great things about this lamp. Discount-Merchant.com carries the lamp!

Write your stories please!

StealthCatWalk
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How many hours does your JVC D-ILA LAMP have?

Postby StealthCatWalk » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:45 pm

Just had one of these in for service

JVC 61Z585 D-ILA set, beautiful picture with a new lamp. It had ~5900 hours on it. I think that's right around average

BigAl79

Postby BigAl79 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:30 pm

I had a 56" 56G657 D-ILA JVC TV, and it blew 5 lamps in less than two years :o , those Matsushita lamps where trash :evil: , i gave up and sold it to my neighbor and he installed in a Philips, it’s been 8 moths and he hasn’t change the lamp yet, he got lucky :cry: .

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby ovadoggvo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:47 am

BigAl79,
The Philips lamps are a life saver for consumers and servicers alike! We used to get warranty claims on 30% of the JVC lamps that we installed for customers that were made by Matsushita (panasonic). We have switched to Philips since last year when these lamps were released by Discount-Merchant and since then... it's been a miracle! Not a single warranty claim for a defect in the Philips product. Sure, customers have come back with their TV's out... but in 100% of those cases, the lamp was good and the problem was elsewhere within the TV.

I highly recommend the Philips replacement.. Make sure you buy it from the original source (D-M) as there are many aftermarket and fake products out there that I have also tried with horrible results.

Here is a link for everyone out there to see:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/JVC-D- ... aa-new.htm

Return to “JVC D-ILA Discussion”