Welcome to the new forum!

General forum rules of conduct and introductions and information on how to set your avatar.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the new forum!

Postby admin » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Welcome to Fix Your DLP!!! Please use the forum to help repair your television, learn more about DLP, LCD, or plasma technology, and meet new people!

We here at FixYourDLP.com are excited about the new forum installation and will be doing our best to moderate and facilitate forum growth!
So welcome and start posting in the corresponding topics :mrgreen:
[i]"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today."

-Mark Twain[/i]

naqvi

Re: Welcome to the new forum!

Postby naqvi » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:06 pm

naqvi

Postby naqvi » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:31 pm

Thank you so much for the reply. Now the question is how to take the color engine out and identify the part. Can I do it without diabling the TV, view the part and part number then order it, change the part after I get the engine. Or it will take for a pro to do this job. I myself have good technical skills but have never done this before.

Thanks.

identtwins
Contributor
Contributor

Postby identtwins » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:12 pm

Hello everyone. I have a samsung dlp. My picture will be perfect and then at any time the screen goes black. No flashing lights or anything. Still has sound. From what I have read it sounds like a ballast problem. Is this something I can fix myself although I have never worked on a TV before? Also when I looked at web sites to buy a ballast there are 2 or 3 different ones for my model. Which would I choose. My model number is HLR5067W. Thanks for any and all help. The TV has been at a repair shop for 3 weeks. They said they do not know what is wrong with it. Seems funny since they have been in business for 30 years.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:59 pm

The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Xploitz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Xploitz » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:38 am

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Hello everybody, sorry guys but I think this Topic is to greet new comers! please do not post questions about trouble shooting!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

jukky

Postby jukky » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:05 pm

I need help with my Toshiba 72inch DLP TV...The model is 72MX195.....The tv turns on and have sound...but after about 5 mins the bottom screen has a GREEN wavey light that goes up and down and then eventually covers the whole entire screen.....I need to know if anyone has had this problem before.......Thank you ;)

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:32 pm

hello jukky,

so you're getting sound, that means the input board is working, what types of inputs have you used? this may be cause by the digital video board (which turns analog into digital signal over to the DMD so its ready for projection on your screen). Or it very well might be the DMD board, if you try a pure Digital input like an HDMI cable and find it does not do that distortion, then it might narrow it down to the digital video board.

Hope this helps!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

PapaIndiaMikePapa
Contributor
Contributor

Postby PapaIndiaMikePapa » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Hi guys,

I have a business where I pick up FREE televisions off of Craigslist, clean/fix them, and then re-sell them. Not only do I think this is a great way to recycle and keep the Earth green, but it's decent money!

I am so glad I found this site, as I stash all of the TV's I can't fix into my garage for parts. Hopefully the community here can help me figure some of the problems I have.

I will post my problems in the correct forums to not clutter things up.

Papa Mike

EdRod
Contributor
Contributor

Postby EdRod » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:30 am

It says to introduce myself. Hello NEWBIE EdRod here, I have worked in the appliance industry since 1978 and been in the field as well as in the shop. I worked for all the big guys like MAYTAG, SEARS, WARDS, WHIRLPOOL, HOWARDS and VIKING range distributors. However I have never worked on TV'S. So that's my story and I'm sticking to. EdRod

Return to “Greeting”