Need Help: Changed DLP Color Wheel

General forum rules of conduct and introductions and information on how to set your avatar.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Hunter
Contributor
Contributor

Need Help: Changed DLP Color Wheel

Postby Hunter » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:25 pm

I have a Samsung HLP6163W. I bought and installed a color wheel samsung-bp96-00674A. I also removed the jumper. However, the TV does not turn on when I plug the power. The Stand By/Temp light & Lamp light on the power button keeps flashing. Also, the two wires that connect to the projector lamp base are not hot or live when the power is on. No power is coming to the projector lamp. The projector lamp is new and it was installed 5-6 months ago.
Is there anyone else who ran into this problem, or any moderator who can help me?
Thanks.

Samsungtech
Likes to Post
Likes to Post

Re: Need Help: Changed DLP Color Wheel

Postby Samsungtech » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:35 am

did you try to turn it on with the cover off? if so make sure the safety switch is activated (down position)
other thoughts, make sure the harness to the ballast is connected.

Hunter
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Need Help: Changed DLP Color Wheel

Postby Hunter » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Thanks Samsungtech.
It was the safety switch you mentioned. It is alive now but the picture quality is not crisp as it used to be. Black colors are greenish and the picture is kind of faded or blurred. The Black screen when you turn the TV on and off is now Green!
Is there a way to set the colors to the original factory spec and make the pictures sharp?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to “Greeting”