Toshiba 62HM116 no sound or picture

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
herb

Toshiba 62HM116 no sound or picture

Postby herb » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:42 pm

I have a Toshiba 62HM116 with no sound or picture. The blue light stays on and the lamp "led" blinks yellow 6 times, then holds for 2 seconds; blinks 9 times and goes thru another startup cycle. The whole process takes about 2-3 minutes. I believe it is an internal issue and has absolutely nothing to do with the lamp. My TV shutdown while switching channels from an over the air digital signal. Specifically I went from channel 9-1 to channel 13-1 and then the TV shut down. I held the power button on the TV for a few seconds and it started back up on the lowest channel 2-1. I decided to erase channel 13-1 from the setup guide to avoid the "lock up". In doing so I accidentally selected channel autoprogram instead of channel add/delete. At that point the auto program went to 65% complete and then shutdown. Never saw a screen again. It has been recycling the start up every few minutes. I called Toshiba tech support and they told me to replace the bulb. I had an back-up spare as I've already gone thru 2 of those in the past and didn't want to wait for the new bulb to arrive. Put it in and same problem. Toshiba wants to send me another bulb but I know the bulbs are fine. I'd be happy if I could bypass the "Ant 1" Input during startup and use the TV as a monitor for the Wii, DVD player etc. Unfortunately Toshiba Tech Support has not been any to help me. I've been reading about the ballast, and wonder if this may be the problem? Any other ideas/ Thanks for your help

Return to “Toshiba DLP Discussion”