Suggest a topic for discussion!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
hwsagent05
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HL67A510J1F-XZA

Postby hwsagent05 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:54 am

As in the title, I have that Samsung. It will not turn on but the lamp tries to fire. It repidly flashes for a few seconds (10 secs or so) then stops for 15-20 seconds before it starts agian. The door switch works and I removed and replaced the lamp to make sure it was seated well. Is this the ballast or something else. You can actually hear the snapping of the lamp trying to start so I am thinking the ballast is the problem.

BTW, does a tech actually vist the DLP forums anymore?

hwsagent05
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung HL67A510J1F-XZA

Postby hwsagent05 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:23 pm

I ordered a lamp and ballast. I replaced the ballast frist and the lamp lit up. Pic was a little dark and contrast had been turned up most all the way. So I installed the new lamp and bingo, nice bright picture but... The background seems to faintly strobe, at least the lighter backgrounds. I purchased both the ballast and lamp from DM and the ballast did not look the same but the number was what they came up with. I cross referenced the new number and it shows up as the replacement for the old number so there should not be a problem. I just need to stop the faint strobing now.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung HL67A510J1F-XZA

Postby grayfox » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:59 pm

hi hwsagent05,

Hello I apologize for my absence, I got help up on a project which did not leave room to blog about! Sometimes ballast or lamp enclosure parts are updated for various reasons, for example: To promote a longer lifespan. The guys at DM are really good at finding parts and lamps, was the lamp that you purchased an OEM Philips lamp? One would assume this is a ballast issue since it fails to fully turn on the lamp, but the ballasts power can also be interrupted by a bad colorwheel or power supply. Other than the snapping are there any sounds coming from your set?
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Forum Feedback”