samsung hcl4715w

Got a problem with a projector? A DLP or LCD projector can have common issues. Why don't you check this forum out before running out to buy a brand new projector?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
graddy0051

samsung hcl4715w

Postby graddy0051 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:22 pm

Hello, my first time here. I have a samsung projection tv that problem started with a convergence issue. I ordered online new kit with convergence chips and resistors from tvrepairkits.com. I installed the convergence chips but the problem remained. I didn't replace the resistors supplied with the chips because the original ones tested ok with an ohm meter. I then tested all resistors and found 5 that showed no reading. I replaced them with new resistors from radio shack. Powered up tv and new resistors smoked. Decided to just replace the whole board(deflection board) that comes with chips, resistors everything. Now remote turns on power but I get no picture or sound. Red light that says timer blinks 9 times then goes out. Any button that I press on remote causes this red light to flash once then go out. Did something else fry or do I need to reset tv? Thanks for any help

Return to “Projectors”