Acer X1261P DMD Chip replacement..

Got a problem with a projector? A DLP or LCD projector can have common issues. Why don't you check this forum out before running out to buy a brand new projector?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Nephilim
Contributor
Contributor

Acer X1261P DMD Chip replacement..

Postby Nephilim » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:45 am

Hi All,

I have 2 Acer X1261P PRojectors and had a spare. One of my Projectors the DMD Chip was going bad so I decided to swap it out with my other working DMD Chip..

Well I took out the old one and replaced it with the working one and when I turned it back on I get a white screen with a band in the middle horizontaly..

I looked in the service manual it stated check almost every component well it all looked good to me as I just replaced the DMD Chip.. I am unsure but what could cause issues with replacing a DMD Chip..

I had replaced one before and that worked out ok this time not so lucky.. I may just be buying new Projectors :(

Nephilim
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Acer X1261P DMD Chip replacement..

Postby Nephilim » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:45 am

OK I solved my own problem. I forgot that the DMD chip sits in and needs to be reseated. I was looking at the old DMD chip when I noticed the screw and it hit me I needed to reseat the new Chip into the seat.. so you turn back the screw and iut aligns the holes into the seat so the chip fits in and you just retighten the screws to hold it in place Volila ;)

It is working as before Glad I got it working as I did not really want to get the new projectors yet..

Return to “Projectors”