Sampo PME 50X6 need schematic(s)

Plasma televisions have come a long way and are becoming more and more common for those who want blacker blacks, and amazing picture quality!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Harvey

Sampo PME 50X6 need schematic(s)

Postby Harvey » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:00 pm

My old Sampo PME 50X6 still gives a better picture than any that I have evaluated, including my new Panasonic 50PZ80U, but the PME 50X6 picture flickers, especially when the overall picture content is bright. Poking around on the boards showed some sensitivity when the PW 0500 Aux power supply board was poked and prodded, and since I have no schematic, it's punt & guess and I went ahead and ordered a new PW 0500 from "Discount-Merchant". If anyone has access to a PME 50X6 schematic set, I am interested in buying. Also if anyone has any suggestions as to the fault, I would be interested in hearing them.

Thank you!

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: Sampo PME 50X6 need schematic(s)

Postby ovadoggvo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:23 pm

Harvey,
What do you mean by flickering picture? I'm not understanding... Is it red dot's on the screen? Is the screen shutting off and on?

Red Dots can be caused by improper voltage going to the plasma panel by the X and/or Y Sustain boards. These boards normally have potameters to adust the voltage (Be careful doing this). As the plasma panel gets older the voltage required to operate the panel changes, also as the boards get older the modules on the board get worn out and can cause inconsistent voltage output.

I hope this helps!

Return to “Plasma Televisions”