Remote Control Helicopter for Kids

Moderator: LutemaAmbassador

Forum rules
electropor2gee
Contributor
Contributor

Remote Control Helicopter for Kids

Postby electropor2gee » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:47 pm

I am looking to purchase a helicopter for my son and I want something that is a bit more challenging for him and I. Does anyone have any recommendations on large RC helicopters?

rougeleader
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Remote Control Helicopter for Kids

Postby rougeleader » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:08 pm

Hello electropor2gee,

I would assume it depends on the experience, it sounds like you have both played around and own smaller remote controlled helicopters? There are some that have more features like the ability to sway horizontally like the Lutema Avatar (see link below) it has two extra propellers on the side and is amazing to maneuver around the house and around obstacles!

http://www.lutema.com/p-28-lutema-avatar-hovercraft-4ch-remote-control-helicopter.aspx

ChopperDude74

Postby ChopperDude74 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:42 pm

electropor2gee,

The Lutema brand rc helicopters seem to be the best bang for the buck. I have dozens of remote control helicopter sitting in my garage and most of them are out of commission with no access to parts. I've bought several Chinese no brand helicopters along with some Syma, Swann, and Lutema rc copters but the Lutema ones seem to be the best for replacement part availability. The biggest problem I've had over the years is that the copters break because it takes some time to get used to the controls of each type of rc helicopter; and in the meanwhile some of them break because the wind takes them or I run them into the ceiling super hard. Then it's really difficult or nearly impossible to find replacement parts for the rc helicopters in order to fix them. So by the time I get used to the darn remote control helicopter, next thing I know the blade is bent or broken!

I've decided to move forward only buying the Lutema brand ones because their website offers just about every darn part to the T. I purchased 3-4 of these so far in different sizes from Fry's Electronics and there is a coupon in the box that gives you 10% off and free shipping - so the parts come out super cheap and they get delivered for free.

I've also started to use the Lutema replacement parts (motors, gears, and blades) to fix many of the other generic brand or syma helicopter's that I've collected in the junk yard over the years... Let me tell you - we needed a brand that has some support for once when it comes to these RC copters... It's not so much the money of buying new helicopters every month, but the fact that you get used the darn r/c copter and then it's broken; forcing you to buy another model because the one you got used to was discontinued in the market.

Long story short... from now on - Lutema is the way to go when it comes to this type of toy. Part support is key when buying any R/C Helicopter!

electropor2gee
Contributor
Contributor

Postby electropor2gee » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:45 pm

Yes, we currently have a small RC copter. That video is very helpful and the price of the Lutema copter is great. I've seen numerous helicopters on the market for double the price. I appreciate your help and I will be purchasing from that site soon. Toodles!

Return to “Lutema Large R/C Helicopter”