Blackout Vizio E601i-A4 LED / RUNTK5261TPZC T-Con board

LED and "smart" Television maintenance and DYI repairs!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Blackout Vizio E601i-A4 LED / RUNTK5261TPZC T-Con board

Postby grayfox » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:09 am

Hello,
After looking everywhere for a fix for this issue, I called up Discount-Merchant and the guys there said that my TV needed a new "T-CON" board. Apparently this is a common issue with all LG, Vizio, Sharp, and Sony sets that take the same board (they just run different software on each).

Essentially the board part number is RUNTK5261TP but there is a programing code that comes on it in a little white space that says:
ZC
ZE
ZZ
or ZG

What the technician I spoke to told me is that the ZG partnumber replaces the ZC, ZE, and ZZ ... and supposedly lasts much longer per information they received from Sharp - who is the manufacturer of the board.

Everywhere I looked, they were out of stock but D-M says that they have 100+ pcs in stock. Our shop has received probably 50 of these in the last 6 months and all have the same issue. It seems like it's happening at around 500hours to 2000hours of use. I bought a few used ones online from these part-pullers but the customers came back a few months later with the same issue. It's definately not worth buying a used one, specially knowing that Discount-Merchant has the BRAND NEW ones for under $150... I ended up buying 30 of them to have on hand because I'm sure they will run out. The customer service rep I was transferred to was really nice and ended up giving me a 10% discount even though it's a hot selling part for them.

Here is the link to the boards... Make sure you buy the correct "programming" code or it may not work:

https://www.discount-merchant.com

The guys at D-M apparently ship the latest replacements for your part number... I.E. If you buy a ZC - you may get a ZG if their expert engineers deem it the latest revision.

Definitely a big time money saver for all us service centers.... These guys know their stuff.
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blackout Vizio E601i-A4 LED / RUNTK5261TPZC T-Con board

Postby Angel » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:38 am

Hey Grayfox :mrgreen: ,
Thank you very much for this post! :D I have been going crazy trying to buy one from the manufacturer and it seems like Sharp, Vizio, Sony and LG are all out of stock :o . Even some aftermarket companies like whom I also regularly buy supplies for my shop are either bumping up the price every other day or they have no ETA and are back-ordered :shock: . I ordered some from discount-merchant.com and I will post my results on 2 tvs I am currently working on... :geek:
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Return to “LED Televisions”