Buy an LCD, don't buy a plasma TV

LCD Television technology has been around for a long time, but it keeps getting better. If you have a brighter room, LCD televisions will do a much better job at giving you excellent picture quality.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
WereDOOMED
Contributor
Contributor

Buy an LCD, don't buy a plasma TV

Postby WereDOOMED » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:55 pm

I guess I'm just venting, but it seems like PLASMA TVs fail a lot more often than LCD TVs...and I can't even find parts for my Vizio PLASMA!

Eddie

Re: Buy an LCD, don't buy a plasma TV

Postby Eddie » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:25 pm

--

Eddie

artohorn
Contributor
Contributor

Postby artohorn » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi, I had a wonderful sony plasma tv, picture looked beautiful,the thing is that when I played my video games and leaved it paused it for a while ,the picture will engrave in the screen,for example if i changed the channel you'll see the image from the game that was kept on pause ,that really sucks.It also happens with logos or commercials.My advice never buy plasma, I also heard they did a test lcd,dlp and plasma.Lcd got second place but its better then 3rd plce for plasma.

ServicePro
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby ServicePro » Tue May 05, 2009 8:46 pm

artohorn,

I'm curious, do you have a link to the rest results? Would be interesting to see how dated that review was as these technologies are changing so quickly. It used to be common practice for PLASMAs to have the burn-in effect, for them to overheat, or to consume huge amounts of energy. But this isn't the case today! Panasonic, the world's biggest supporter of Plasma technology has been free from all these issues for a number of years:
- burn-in effect
- overheating issues
- horizontal or vertical line defects
- pixelization or a snowy picture effect

I'm not making the case for plasma being the superior product, but in all fairness, your information is kinda outdated and doesn't really apply with the quality builders today. Sony stopped making plasma after huge losses, and most other manufacturers followed suit, but Panasonic makes both sets and is definitely behind the plasma technology full force!

chancestevens
Contributor
Contributor

Postby chancestevens » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:43 pm

I've owned both LCD and Plasma TVs. I'd buy a plasma (especially one of the newer Panasonic's) because the picture quality is going to be killer.

The tradeoff is the higher electric bills and worrying about burn-in.

With those two things off the table, I'd gladly trade in my KDL42V4100 and pickup a TC-P42X1.

Return to “LCD Televisions”