TV shuts off by itself. New lamp needed?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
christopher
Contributor
Contributor

TV shuts off by itself. New lamp needed?

Postby christopher » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:02 am

My TV had been shutting off on its own. At first, it would shut off and then a few seconds later it would power back on at work fine. This wouldn't happen for days, and then happen again. It started happening more and more frequently. Now it shuts off after a few minutes and doesn't come back on. I replaced the lamp a couple days ago and it seemed to work fine, but I only had the TV on a couple hours. Tonight, I had the TV on for 45 minutes to an hour and the lamp shut off again. I tech said that replacing the lamp should fix the problem. Could there be another problem? There are no strange noises. There are only faint clicking noises the first time the TV tries to turn itself back on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rougeleader
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: TV shuts off by itself. New lamp needed?

Postby rougeleader » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:09 pm

Well by far the most common issue is with the lamp, its the consumable item in side the TV! but since you replaced that already im inclined to say you may be having issues with the ballast is your TV (its the circuit board that powers the lamp) i recommend you read this:

christopher
Contributor
Contributor

Re: TV shuts off by itself. New lamp needed?

Postby christopher » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Is the ballast somewhat easy to replace? I don't hear any rapid clicking noise every 3-5 seconds, there is a buzzing noise when the TV is trying to power up after it shuts off, but that's all I notice.

Return to “All About Lamps”