Samsung HLP5674W Defective Bulb?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mmoeller

Samsung HLP5674W Defective Bulb?

Postby mmoeller » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:01 pm

I am on my third or fourth lamp replacement. The last lamp I bought was generic and lasted about a year, but I got sort of a freebie from some other company that sent a broken housing the first time. I took out the lamp and transfered to my old housing and no problem. I then received the replacement for the first and saved it. The generic lamp only lasted about a year, I guess that is expected. So I put the replacement into the old housing, and am now receiving 3 flashing lights upon lamp shutdown. The cooling fan for the light is running, and it seems cool. The flash code has it listed as a defective bulb. What does this mean? I may have inadvertently touched the bulb during the install, can I clean it? I've already ordered a new Phillips bulb from discount merchant, the first two philips bulbs lasted at least 3 years.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung HLP5674W Defective Bulb?

Postby grayfox » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:57 pm

Hello,
I do not think you touching the lamp could have damaged it ;) , (unless you were working in a relatively high static environment, like the carpet) It happens yet it is very unlikely and if there was damage it would be irreversible. :cry: .
I am a Discount-Merchant fan, I know they will ship you the OEM Philips brand lamp you need, if upon receiving it, the TV does not work I am 90% sure your Samsung will have a Ballast issue due to the symptoms you describe... :geek:

keep us posted for further help! 8-)
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

mmoeller

Re: Samsung HLP5674W Defective Bulb?

Postby mmoeller » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:18 pm

I wouldn't think that touching it would cause an immedate failure. It almost seemed like the bulb was gettin too hot. Might have something to do with the gas inside the bulb.

I got my new Phillips replacement from DM yesterday. Went right in and is working 100%.

As much as I want a new LED, I don't feel much like comming up with the 2k or so to get a good 55".

Return to “All About Lamps”