Dell 3400mp DLP strange behavior

Got a problem with a projector? A DLP or LCD projector can have common issues. Why don't you check this forum out before running out to buy a brand new projector?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
alvarinni

Dell 3400mp DLP strange behavior

Postby alvarinni » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:40 am

Hello, this is my first post here.

I have a Dell 3400mp DLP bought second hand, the projector turns on fine, and if I don't connect any input, it seems to work ok, I even run the "Self diagnostic for video" test, pressing "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds, and every color shows correctly, I've left the projector on for at least 30 minutes working fine.

Now, when I connect the S-video input to my Laptop or the composite video, the image is shown correctly for about a minute, then the image disappears, I see the color wheel slow down until the light projected is only the color where the the wheel stopped, then the light shuts off and the orange LAMP light turns on, fan keeps running until I disconnect the power.

I tried also with the M1 to HDMI adaptor and the image shuts down with the same behavior, but immediately as I connect it to the laptop, so I cannot see an image projected not even for a second.

Can this be the power supply? leaking caps? According to the service tag, this projector was sold October 2006.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dell 3400mp DLP strange behavior

Postby admin » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:58 pm

Hello,

Ensure the external graphics port is enabled. On most computers it's one of the F keys with a monitor icon.
[i]"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today."

-Mark Twain[/i]

Return to “Projectors”