HLM437W Bulb part # and Remote control fix?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
graphicgreen
Contributor
Contributor

HLM437W Bulb part # and Remote control fix?

Postby graphicgreen » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:44 pm

So I have a HLM437WX/XAC, It's work amazingly for me for roughly 7 years.. Samsung upgraded the ballist and bulb within the warrenty period and had the technitian fix the remote control while I had it.. Which was great.. however the remote stopped working some time ago. I was told he sottered some kind of temperature sensor to get the remote to work. When I took the unit appart, I could not find this 'repair' let alone where the remote sensor is. (I was not around when he fixed it).

The bulb has also died and I've since taken the unit apparnt and cleaned off everything with an air gun. It turned on just fine afterwards and looked brighter then died (like how a dead bulb would, I assume that when a TV goes from 'say' 256 colors and drops to 16 colors then Black and White and then nothing.. the bulb is gone.. I've been looking for days and have been unable to locate a part number for just the bulb. I don't want the entire Case and bulb. The part number for the case/bulb is BP96-00226C (or J)

If anybody has a part number or any idea on how to fix the remote issue, I'd greatly appreciate it.. I'd like to get it up an running without sinking a fortune into it.

Also if anybody knows were someone can get a Service manual (i'm not sure if they'd charge you or not) I'd greatly apprecaite it.

Thanks

[EDIT]
I found this link on how to replace just the bulb.. which then links to a vendor who sells just lamps..
http://www.fixyourdlp.com/guides/samsung/bp96-00224.php

http://www.discount-merchant.com/Samsun ... 4c-oem.htm

However, I thought it should be a Philips 100w bulb not a Samsung one? ... [/EDIT]

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: HLM437W Bulb part # and Remote control fix?

Postby johnrot » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi
A temperature senson on a remote control?????????? to be honest i don'r think so, the tv has one because this lamps are extremely hot, so i dont see why a remote control can use one, so anyway here is the lamp that i think you need.
http://www.discount-merchant.com/Samsun ... 1&CartID=0

hope this info. can help you and hope someone can clear the info. about the temp. sensor.
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

graphicgreen
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HLM437W Bulb part # and Remote control fix?

Postby graphicgreen » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:42 am

Yup, temp on remote control... I thought it was odd too... funny thing is after I took the TV appart and cleaned it, the tv now works fine and remote (which ashn't worked in over 5 years) is now working like a charm.. I ordered a bulb anyway, it's been over 6 years now with the same bulb. The reason I think he said temp sensor is becausae the longer you ran the tv the less likely the remote would work..

It's been 12 hours and everything works fine now..

Return to “Samsung Discussion”